Published in 2009 in association with the Ulster Reform Club, The Ulster Reform Club: Past and Present tells the story of Northern Ireland’s most prestigious business, social and dining club. Occupying a prominent position in Royal Avenue, Belfast, the Clubhouse opened its doors on New Year’s Day 1885. This beautifully illustrated book tells the story, not only of the Reform Club, but also of two similar, but older clubs, the Union Club and the Ulster Club. Through mergers in 1953 and 1982, all three clubs have come together as one institution.

Other chapters tell the story of the architecture of the Clubhouse, the works of art that adorn the building, the roll of distinguished individuals who have been accorded honorary membership, and the memories of a number of longstanding members. The book was edited by Drs George Chambers and William Roulston, respectively the former chairman and the current Research Director of the Ulster Historical Foundation.

Ulster Reform Club book cropped